Our COVID-19 Safe Plan
COVID-19 Update: Your health and safety is our priority
As a dermatology centre that sees and treats people of all ages, we have young infants, the elderly and those that have lowered immune systems (immunosuppressed) attending Chroma Dermatology. To continue to care for everyone in a safe environment, a few new safety requirements have been introduced.
From 26th October, 2021, for selected services, you will require either;
- proof of double COVID-19 vaccination OR
- proof of a negative COVID-19 swab within 72 hours of your appointment (official SMS or email)
This will apply to all cosmetic, laser, hyperhidrosis, surgery, procedure and phototherapy appointments.
Why are these safety measures being taken?
The reason these appointments require proof of double vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 swab is due to the high-risk nature of these appointments. The risk of transmission of COVID-19 is much higher due to the longer time spent in the clinic, the possible removal of your face mask and because we may be working close to your face. Hospitals have had this procedure in place for some time and it has successfully reduced transmission of the virus.
This requirement does not apply to patients attending for medical appointments or for review consultations with a dermatologist.
To keep everyone safe, we kindly request all patients reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, sore throat, runny nose etc even if these are mild)
- Have been classified a “close contact” of a COVID-19 positive person
- Have been directed to isolate following a potential exposure to COVID-19
- Have visited an exposure site (please see COVID-19 exposure site website for listings)
- Have been tested for COVID-19 and don’t have your results
We kindly ask all patients to continue to follow our other COVID-safe measures. Please ensure you:
- Wear a fitted mask (covering your nose and mouth) to your appointment
- Check- in using the QR code outside the clinic
- Answer the screening questions at the front of the clinic
- After check-in, we may ask you to wait in your car/outside the clinic until your appointment time (this is to comply with density limits in the clinic)
- Use the hand sanitiser provided to you as you enter the clinic
- Attend your appointment by yourself. One accompanying adult is permitted for children below the age of 18, or those who require a carer or interpreter
- Use only contactless payment methods for the services provided
- Please practice social distancing whilst in the clinic
If you prefer a telehealth appointment (online or phone consultation), please let our friendly reception team know. Chroma Dermatology have offered telehealth appointments since March 2020. We find it particularly useful for acne and some review consultations.
Further commonly asked questions:
If I get a COVID swab for my appointment, do I have to isolate until the results are known or until my appointment?
Because you are obtaining a swab only for the purpose of the appointment, you don’t have isolate until the results come back or until your appointment.
How do I show proof of my vaccination status or my negative COVID-19 swab?
You can now link your COVID-19 certificate to your Service Victoria app. When you check in at our clinic, a green tick will appear if you have a valid certificate linked. Please show this to our reception team upon entry. For instructions on how to link it, please click here. If you do not have a mobile phone, please present a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination certificate on your phone. Your name must match the name we have for you on our records.
Proof of your negative COVID swab result (via text message that you would have received) can shown to our reception team upon arrival.
What if I’m not vaccinated or hold a lawful exemption?
If you are not vaccinated, you will be required to return a negative COVID-19 swab within 72 hours of your appointment. Proof of this can be given to our reception team upon your arrival for your appointment.
What if I get a test, and don’t receive my results in time?
We encourage you to have your test done at least 72 hours before their appointment. Results usually take between 24-48 hours to come back. If you have not received your results in time for your appointment, it will unfortunately have to be rescheduled. Please contact our reception team if this happens.
What if I have only had one dose of my COVID-19 vaccination?
From the 26th of October 2021, for the listed services above you will need either proof of double vaccination or proof of a negative COVID swab within 72 hours of your appointment. If this is not possible, unfortunately, your appointment will have to be rescheduled until after you have had your second dose.
Do parents, carers or support people attending an appointment have to be double vaccinated or return a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours?
Yes, the same requirement applies to all visitors to our clinic when attending for the listed appointments (cosmetic, laser, surgery, procedure, phototherapy)
If you have any further questions about our COVID-safe plan, please email our team – firstname.lastname@example.org